#AlienVault #OSSIM Operation was not completed due to a database error

Every so often I get the Operation was not completed due to a database error error in the web interface. I’ve tried a reboot and no joy, so far I have used the console to apply updates and then it starts working…. go figure. I haven’t really researched it beyond that point :)

imitating a serial port

From this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1605721/faking-an-rs232-serial-port

I use com0com – With Signed Driver, on windows 7 x64 to emulate COM3 AND COM4 as a pair.

Then i use COM Dataport Emulator to write data to COM3 and receive on COM 4.

autoit _INetSmtpMail Mail failed with error code 50, solution

With exchange 2003 at least

From here

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/66691-_inetsmtpmail-mail-failed-with-error-code-50/

You need to use a -1 for the optional parameter

$sFirst [optional] string sent before helo for the smtp server connection (by default {SPACE}). To not send any character this parameter must equal -1, some SMTP server required it.

From https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/docs/libfunctions/_INetSmtpMail.htm

So it ends up being

Local $iResponse = _INetSmtpMail($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body,”,-1)

Qlikview Binary Error can’t find file

Well I had forgot to end the statement with a semicolon!

This

Binary File.qvw;

Not this

Binary File

Visual Studio’s horrendous colorization of CDATA XML blocks in VB.

Answer from here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16680026/visual-studios-horrendous-colorization-of-cdata-xml-blocks-in-vb

Tools > Options > Environment > Fonts and Colors > show setting for - text editor.

VB XML CData Section

So, so, so awful.

Reading in serial port data using vb.net

Two articles were very helpful

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11458850/how-to-read-serial-port-communication-into-buffer-and-parse-out-complete-message

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vbserialcomport/files/

Back on the #SQLSourceControl horse again. #ApexSQL

I had originally had high hopes for using redgate source control but we hit on some snags where it pretty much just stopped working…. lame

Recently started playing with ApexSQL source control… so far, fingers crossed, it appears to be working.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 251 other followers