So installed Centos 6.5, choose Redhat 64bit version, this uses the vmxnet3 device.
Install as typical
Next add this repository
Then install nagios
yum -y install nagios nagios-plugins-all nagios-plugins-nrpe nrpe php httpd
(we need check_nrpe)
Next install Zenoss like here
You will have to use yum remove mysql-libs-5.7.71-1.e16.x86_64
Then disable the firewall (if its an internal box of course) I use setup
Then login to yourhost:8080
Download http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenPack:ConstructionKit (version 2.5)
Download http://wiki.zenoss.org/ZenPack:NRPE_Component (I used version 2.1)
Go to Advanced, ZenPacks, then load the constructionkit and the NRPE_Component
Now on your windows machine install http://nsclient.org/nscp/downloads
Then copy the .bat file from these instructions http://www.appdelivery.com/2012/09/monitoring-windows-time-with-nagios/
And set it up like this post https://michaelellerbeck.com/2014/06/04/zenoss-and-nrpe-and-oh-my/
1) Go to the Device Status Page of the server you want to add the
check to (enter the device name in the search box at top right)
2) From the “+” drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen, select “Add Remote Nagios”, and enter the “command” and “alias”.
the command is check_windows_time
3) when the screen refreshes, select the “NRPE Components”, then
the newly created component on the right
4) below that there is a drop-down menu, from which you can select “Details”
5) The “arglist” parameter can be set in the text box on that Details pane.
From the page you are on, select “Graphs” -> “Details”
then in Arguments type
I then tested by screwing up the time on the machine to make sure the alert fires!