So, now that I have it running, time to get it working with MySQL
Following this old guide, hopefully nothing drastic has changed.
I’m not sure of a recommended mysql version for say 0.8.1.0 Dev version that I’m playing with. And I see this bug
- Windows x64 systems: There is currently an unresolved bug_id=5294 found when running OpenSimulator with MySQL 5.5 on Windows x64 systems.
But we will see how mysql community 5.6.23 fares. I just went here and downloaded the MSI version.
So I did a custom install and install MySQL Server 5.6.23 X64 and MySQL Workbench 6.2.4 X64
Ok, next, next install. Now to create a DB. I used the Workbench, and the good ol CREATE DATABASE opensim.
Then I edit the StandaloneCommon.ini and comment out the SQLite line and uncomment the MySql lines
Ok, that was fairly painless. I also edited my Regions.ini to take advantage of the varregions! It worked pretty slick as well.