This guy had it sorted (why doesn’t the installer just work though….)
Okay, I did figure out the problem.
It has nothing to do with anti-virus. (Disable it just in case though, up to you.)
- So begin the download with “OculusSetup.exe“,install it in the C:\ drive.
- Once it gets to the point where it stops and never goes up, and what will definitely be forever.. Close the Installer. (Trust me, the files [or most of them] are already on your PC now.
- Now go to where it’s installed to make sure.
(Can skip this step.)
- Run “OculusSetup.exe” again.
- Wait. (Will probably take awhile, but it’s locating all the files and WILL finish the “Download”)
- Once it’s begun finding all the files it’ll look like it’s downloading, it’s not.
(Unless you were at like 5.0GB out of 5.7GB)
[You may have to repeat steps 1-4, but I only had to do this step-by-step one time]
- Once it’s finished, it will say “Installing” on the bottom left. This will take some time, so go do something in the mean time. (Took me about 5-10minutes.)
- A.) If you get an error saying there was an issue while trying to install Oculus, Close the installer. This is OKAY!!!
B.) Restart your PC.
C.) Run “OculusSetup.exe“.
- Wait!! Repeat steps 5-7.
- Should be good to go hopefully!